How Does the 2016 Audi A6 Interior Space Compare to the Competition?
If you’re considering the latest Audi A6 because of its comfortable and spacious interior, we’ve got some news for you. The Acura RLX, one of the direct competitors to the Audi A6, has more space in the cabin and more space in the trunk. Find out more about how these two cars compare when it comes to interior space and amenities.
When it comes to cabin space, you’ll simply find more of it in the Acura. Take a look at the details:
- Overall: The Acura RLX offers a total of 102.1 cubic feet of cabin space, compared to the 97.2 cubic feet of cabin space in the Audi A6. Both seat a maximum of five passengers.
- Front Head Room: The Acura gives you 37.6 inches of head room in the front, while the Audi A6 only has 37.2 inches of head room up front.
- Front Legroom: The Acura offers 42.3 inches of front legroom compared to the 41.3 inches of front legroom in the Audi.
- Rear Legroom: Backseat passengers in the RLX have 38.8 inches of space to stretch their legs, while the Audi has 37.4 inches.
- Front Shoulder Room: The Acura RLX offers 59.6 inches of front shoulder room compared to 57.5 inches in the front of the Audi.
- Rear Shoulder Room: In the back seats, the Acura offers 57 inches of shoulder room—more than the 56.3 inches in the Audi.
It’s clear that the Acura simply offers more cabin space for passengers in all positions—and more space equals more comfort.
The Acura RLX also offers a larger trunk, with a total volume of 14.9 cubic feet. The Audi A6 falls short of that figure, with only 14.1 cubic feet of space in the trunk.
Find the RLX in Michigan
The RLX is clearly the winner between these two cars if passenger and cargo volume is high on your priority list. Visit your local Michigan Acura Dealer to find your next car today.